Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Map

There’s a couple of pop-up maps I’d like to comment on. The first is Mariko’s. The everyday map, well I can’t even remember what that was, no offense, but the labyrinth was awesome. Using the transparent photo paper was a terrific idea. When you put these pictures together they create what seems like an endless world, with many layers, and countless directions. And when lift it up, you see the space in between these layers, and you realize they’re not endless, but part of a bigger picture. Also, I liked the fact it was mobile because things change in a labyrinth.

Another map that I liked was Jamey’s. So, I guess the name game did work. Anyway, I am in appreciation to Jamey’s neighborhood map. I liked that fact that everything was the same, and everything was bland. It described actual existence very well. I envy this map, and I wish I did this with my neighborhood map. Besides, Dave was right when he said it looked like a graveyard. Did he say that? Well, if he didn’t, I did.

No comments: